Liver Transplant in Turkey
The liver is one of the largest organs of our body, and its weight can vary from 1.4-1.6 Kg in adults. It has a dark red color and a triangular shape. It performs many functions in our body.
The main duties of the liver are:
- It filters the blood continuously and purifies it from toxic substances.
- Converts the foods that we consume as nutrients into forms that our body can use or produces secretions that perform this function (such as bile production for the digestion of fats).
- Produce enzymes, proteins and blood clotting structures.
- It fulfills the function of storing the necessary energy substances for our body (such as fat, sugar, iron and vitamins).
Our liver, which is important for our body, may lose its functionality and liver failure for some of the following reasons:
- Acute liver failure: It is liver failure that occurs within a period of time that can be measured within a few weeks. It is a rare condition usually caused by complications of some medications.
- Chronic liver failure: It occurs slowly over the months and years. The most common cause is Cirrhosis Disease.
Liver transplant surgery is considered in cases where the life expectancy is very short if the transplant cannot be taken under control with any other treatment.
Turn to the best orthopedics surgeons in Prusamedica
The best ortopedcy surgeons in Prusamedica
Spine surgery isn’t for everyone. In fact, 90% of patients don’t actually need neck surgery to get back to normal.
If you’ve seen a neck doctor elsewhere who recommends spine surgery, make sure your diagnosis is correct before saying yes or no. Make an appointment with an OrthoIndy spine specialist and find out what’s really going on back there.
REQUEST A SECOND OPINION